the Scots School Bathurst and Lithgow
old boys’ and girls’ association (OBGA)
The Scots College, Bellevue Hill Sydney, Karralee in 1942 to evacuate its primary students after the Japanese submarines came into Sydney Harbour during WWII. The Scots College Branch School remained until the end of 1945 when it returned to Sydney. The Trustees of the Presbyterian Church of New South Wales decided to continue the successful School after the war’s end and so The Scots School Bathurst was born when the Trustees purchased the property from William Arnott in 1946.
The School evolved over the past seventy-two years with the introduction of co-education and the Preparatory School in 1997 and Pre-Kindergarten in 2000. A Scots School Lithgow campus was opened in 2006 catering for Pre-Kindergarten through to Year 6. The school has enjoyed a reputation as being a school for the children of the Central West of New South Wales and many other parts of the state. It has also welcomed students from a number of countries around the Asia-Pacific rim. It has maintained a good academic record, strong sporting and co-curricular activities and is particularly known for its award-winning Pipes and Drums which were formed in the late 1950s.
The Old Boys’ and Girls’ Association (OBGA) has approximately 4800 members and continues to maintain strong ties with the school. Its AGM is the day before the Highland Gathering and has two whole school events during the year and class reunions on a regular basis. Mr Gordon Larkings is the President of the OBGA.