
Bathurst Highland Festival
Join us for a festival of pipes, drums and Highland dancing competitions hosted by Scots All Saints College with many visiting bands and prizes for category winners.

Join us for a festival of pipes, drums and Highland dancing competitions hosted by Scots All Saints College with many visiting bands and prizes for category winners.

After John Hunter (17 years) the second longest serving Headmaster of The Scots School was Alan Mitchell who served for 12 years. He was appointed in 1953 to replace Alan McLucas.

On Wednesday 4 March, 22 biology students travelled to Brewongle Environmental Education Centre, located on the Hawkesbury River, to complete an ecological study.

The first classroom for this beginning boys’ school was in the Oddfellows’ Hall in Keppel Street with Mr Henry Kemmis as Headmaster, 27 January 1874.

Alan McLucas has perhaps not had the recognition he deserves in the story of The Scots School. Don Wiburd expressed this and remarked that McLucas was “a very decent fellow”. He rates an entry in the Australian Dictionary of Biography.

Our Cattle Team had wonderful success at the Blayney Show with Scots All Saints dominating the steer classes taking our both Champion and Reserve Champion Steer.

The Fifth Headmaster: George Sydney Stiles 1911-1919. Stiles came to All Saints’ with high references, both English and Australian. He was a “fine French and German Scholar”, having studied both languages on the continent.

Join us for the second of our Leadership Lunch event series, with special guest Emily Watts

The family of former Scots Headmaster John Hunter have made a donation to The Scots Museum. It is a stainless steel and wood carving tray that was often used by Mr Hunter when he was carving the Sunday roast lamb.

On 2 July 1925, the Bishop of Bathurst, Dr Long, met with the Standing Committee and Corporate Trustees of the Anglican Diocese. At this meeting, the bishop reported that he had investigated the purchase of the Hereford Estate previously owned by the Rutherford Family. The estate had a long history, and the main building, the Rutherford home, was once considered to be one of the most important buildings in the district.