significant heritage and culture
Scots All Saints College seeks to preserve the significant heritage and culture of the combined schools of The Scots School, Bathurst and Lithgow and All Saints’ College, Bathurst incorporating Marsden School from March 1977. With a combined history or over 218 years, thousands of past students have been educated through the College. There is a vast and diverse amount of dedicated people who have a deep and passionate connection to the College and continue to support the College through volunteerism, archives, fundraising, networks, involvement as mentors and guest speakers to engage with current students and their families.
old bathurstians union (OBU)
Established over 144 years ago, All Saints’ College was one of the very first Independent Schools this side of the Blue Mountains. In fact, apart from The Kings School and Sydney Grammar, All Saints’ College is one of the oldest Independent Schools in NSW.
With the introduction of co-education in January 1977 and the merger with Marsden School in March 1977, since then, 2923 students have graduated from All Saints’ College to make outstanding contributions within the community and corporate world in the fields of medicine, entertainment, law, agriculture, sports, finance and international organisations.
The newly constructed Bean and Long Commemorative wall on All Saints Campus is a tribute by the OBU to commemorate the outstanding contribution of past students including All Saints’ Old Boys, Charles Bean and Gavin Long who served during The Great War (WWI) and WWII respectively. Bean and Long made significant contribution to the war efforts. The new wall acknowledges their role in shaping the College’s history and shaping this very important part of Australian history.
The OBU continues to have an active involvement in the College and has an executive team of volunteers.
Executive President – John Cranfield
Vice President – Tim Sargeant
Treasurer – Rosemary Amos
Secretary – Memory Sanders
Please find us on Facebook @AllSaintsOBU
The Scots School Old Boys and Girls Association (OBGA)
The Scots College, Bellevue Hill Sydney leased Karralee in 1942 to evacuate its primary students after the Japanese submarines came into Sydney Harbour during WWII. The Scots College Branch School remained until the end of 1945 when it returned to Sydney. The Trustees of the Presbyterian Church of New South Wales decided to continue the successful School after the war’s end and so The Scots School Bathurst was born when the Trustees purchased the property from William Arnott in 1946.
The School evolved over the past seventy-two years with the introduction of co-education and the Preparatory School in 1997 and Pre-Kindergarten in 2000. A Scots School Lithgow campus was opened in 2006 catering for Pre-Kindergarten through to Year 6. The school has enjoyed a reputation as being a school for the children of the Central West of New South Wales and many other parts of the state. It has also welcomed students from a number of countries around the Asia-Pacific rim. It has maintained a good academic record, strong sporting and co-curricular activities and is particularly known for its award-winning Pipes and Drums which were formed in the late 1950s.
The Scots School Old Boys and Girls Association (OBGA) has approximately 4800 members and continues to maintain strong ties with the school. Its AGM is the day before the Highland Gathering and has two whole school events during the year and class reunions on a regular basis.
President – Gordan Larkings
Vice President – Ms Tess McPhee
Secretary – Andrew Maher
Please find us on Facebook @ScotsSchoolBathurstOBAOGA
A new era for Scots All Saints College past students
Scots All Saints College is committed to working in partnership with members from the OBGA and OBU to archive and display important records, memorabilia and documents in an education museum on both the Scots Campus and All Saints Campus.
From 2019, the College will assist the 2019 Valedictorians to begin a new chapter for Scots All Saints College. They will add to the already rich history as they develop their own new alumni reunions and traditions.
The Foundation Ltd
The Foundation was established in 1979 and has been intimately involved in supporting the College Mission in maintaining its long history of educational excellence. The Foundation is governed by a Board of Directors comprising donors from the College community. The Board of Directors comprises elected members from each Membership level and meets regularly each year. The Board (as Trustees) manages investments in the Building, Education and Bequest Funds, and raises money through pledges, gifts and bequests.
For further information about the aims, achievements and membership, please click below: