Build confidence, self-esteem and develop language skills
Through Debating and Public Speaking, students have the opportunity to sharpen their critical thinking skills, develop persuasive techniques and improve their public speaking – all vital skills in our ever-changing world.
Scots All Saints College competes in the Heads of Independent Co-Educational Schools (HICES) Debating Competition, fielding eight teams for students from Years 5 to 11. The Debating teams have had great success in previous years, building a strong contingent of strategic communicators.
Scots All Saints College also hosts an annual Inter-House Debating competition where teams from the five Competition Houses attempt to argue their way to victory. This program allows all students to experience debating.
Further debating and public speaking opportunities include:
- Inter-House Debating Competition (Years 7-11)
- Inter-House Public Speaking Competition (Years 4-11)
- HICES Debating
- Lions Junior Debating Competition (Years 7-8)
- CWA Public Speaking Competition (Years 3-12)
- Public Speaking Competition (K-Year 6)
- Legacy Junior Public Speaking (Years 8-9)